Sunday, April 24, 2011

it's time.

so the whole family's been in utah for dan's graduation. it's been the most wonderful weekend. we had a graduation party at his parents' house,

Photobucket
(check out that enormous blue balloon.. i want one)

Photobucket

ate tucano's (hello yummmm), played some games, experienced more random dad photoshoots

Photobucket
(please love my hair in this picture, which is not supposed to be a masterpiece)

Photobucket

went shopping (and actually bought clothes.. so that's a nice change for me), had an easter egg hunt,

and, of course, dan graduated.
Photobucket

also, we attempted to make chocolate snickers fondue last night.
cristina makes fondue a bunch. my mom makes fondue a bunch. but for some reason, it just did not work last night. in fact, we tried twice. both times, the chocolate seized and it just couldn't be recovered.

still, it was delicious. we used spoons and kind of chunked it onto our food, instead of dipping it.

Photobucket

but i'm pretty sure fondue is not supposed to be able to do this:
Photobucket

anyhow, it was an awesome weekend and just reminded me of all the many reasons i'm crazy about my family.

and now i guess i'm ready to start real life tomorrow..

..kind of. change is not my favorite. i love the idea of change, because it is only through change that we can reach our full potential. but i absolutely loathe the actual process of change. i like routine, and change means the end of a routine. i look forward to one month from now, when i have my new routine, but i don't look forward to starting my new routine.

and, to be honest, i'm super nervous!!! it's my first time since my very first semester to move into an apartment with nobody that i know. it's a new school, which means a new campus. it's a new major, with new classes that i literally know almost nothing about. it's a new job. and all of that makes me a little bit nervous.

buuuut i couldn't agree more with neale donald welsch:
"life begins at the edge of your comfort zone."
so here it goes :)

2 comments: