Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the epitome of selflessness

there aren't very many things that suck about being home. i like my bed, i like my family, i like my mother making me dinner every night. but there is one thing that just plain blows.

there's nobody to make junk food for.

i like to cook. i like to bake. and sometimes i like to make things that just aren't very healthy. at school, somebody will always eat it. and even though everybody's all "ohhh i really shouldn't be eating this.." they do anyhow.

at my house, everybody would rather just not eat junk food. of course everybody's a little bit happy, because who doesn't like the occasional cookie or brownie or slice of cake? the only problem is, i would like to make things a lot more than occasionally. particularly when i'm home and have nothing that i need to do except drag my butt to my computer and work a few hours a day.

rumor has it that when my father and my mother were first married, my dad would ask my mom every once in a while if she wanted to split a girl scout cookie for dessert. and by "every once in a while" i do not mean that he was cutting back on the girl scout cookie day. i mean that was his splurge of the week.

and that is why i will never be a heart doctor.

anyhow. in desperation, i decided today to make food for my little sister's young women's activity.

Photobucket

so, you're welcome, girls. it had nothing to do with my need to bake something and then get it out of my house where somebody would better appreciate it. it was all for you.

1 comment:

  1. those cookies look amazing!!!!! and i would so eat them :)

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete