Monday, April 18, 2011

and now my heart stumbles on things i don't know

(song of the week: awake my soul)
another nice part of being home is that my wallet can sit untouched on my nightstand for two weeks, and my bank account can stay unopened for even longer. today i bought something for the first time since i've been home. my purchase consisted mostly of new running shorts and i love them. i took my new shoes out for the first time today, since it's miraculously not snowing, raining, or windy for once in minnesota's history.
Photobucket
i'm obsessed. they're nike lunar elite 2, and i felt like i was running on air. some runs are just like that, and they remind me why i run. i listened mostly to chill music--noah and the whale, ingrid michaelson, regina spektor, mumford and sons--until i was tired, and then i switched to my usual running music--ke$ha, rihanna, kanye--to push through to the end. and when i was done, i stretched on my driveway and wanted to do it all over again.

other things i'm liking right now:
*this lion picture which paige made for me:
Photobucket
*people who say "what's wrong? talk to me :(" and actually want to listen.
*that chelsea found these puggles at the pet store and i get to play with them when i go to denver for memorial day weekend.
Photobucket
*mandarin orange salad and homemade rolls. i ate at least a gallon of salad for lunch. yuuummmm.
*finding a new blog that i can't get enough of, and reading every post ever written in the last three years.
*that all of my supposed-to-be wedding activities have passed, so i don't have to suddenly realize "i should be getting married right now," or "i should be at my minnesota reception right now."
*buds starting to speckle the trees. i love spring. i live for spring. and it is almost here. :)

5 comments:

  1. i have shoes just like that and they are soooo COMFORTABLE!
    i just happened to hop on your blog and i love it already!


    mylifefullofwonders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you've had some awesome discoveries lately:) love it. those pups and the pic are suuper cute!
    Happy Monday
    xo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good running mix -yours sound awesome! I need to update mine. Your blog is adorable. Glad I found it. New follower! Woot woot!

    pics-o-andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the running shoe rec. mine are worn out and i have neglected to buy new ones. why do they have to cost so dang much?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy... lets not talk about spending... it will push me to spend more... sigh

    ReplyDelete