Sunday, January 8, 2012

that one time i got engaged

i am so engaged right now. weeeerd.

That was Jason's brilliant idea of how to start this post. Thanks for that one, babe.

When I walked into work on Friday morning, my bosses Stephanie and Holly were rushing out the door to an 8:00 meeting. As they were leaving, Stephanie pointed to my computer. "You have got to press play on that youtube video. It is hilarious, you are going to laugh so hard." Thinking nothing of it, I pressed play without even putting my backpack down.

As the words "Pretty Girl" flashed across the screen, though, I started smiling and didn't stop for the next three minutes and thirty-seven seconds.

And then Jason walked into my office with his arms full of roses. He melted my heart with the sweetest words I have ever heard, and then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

AND I SAID YES!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Turns out Stephanie and Holly had made up the whole meeting. I had honestly thought Jason was incapable of surprising me. Thursday night I texted Paige and said "Paiger, it's not happening this weekend. I just know." Guess I read that one wrong..

Jas had gotten us both the day off work (surprise!), so we went to Magleby's and ate more sugar in one meal than the average person should eat in a month.
Photobucket

We spent the day just being happy. Surprising my future father-in-law, who hadn't known Jason was proposing that day, was one of the most entertaining experiences of my life. We had such a good day. It was the best day in the whole world.

Friday night we went to Tiburon and ate super fancy food. Deeeeeelish. Perfect ending to a perfect day.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

So, I'm engaged. Woohoo!!! May 5 at the Mt. Timpanogos temple, babyyy. It can't come fast enough.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Wow! If the guy is half what he seems to be, you are one lucky girl! And, knowing your good taste, I am sure he is. Congratulations. I think that video melted my heart, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet video!!! It had me smiling the whole way through, too. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. freak.. I like cried in that video.

    ReplyDelete