Monday, January 16, 2012

come what may, and love it.

Jason and I went to St. George for MLK weekend, and it was the best three-day weekend ever.
(Except the part that involved waking up for work this morning.) We went down Friday afternoon to visit Megan and Egan, Jason's cousin and best friend who are getting married one week after we get married. They are the absolute cutest and it was so much fun.

I wish I had pictures of the weekend, cause we were actually pretty good about taking pictures.. but not on my camera, probably because I didn't bring it. The only pictures I have are from our drive home yesterday.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Clearly not the best drive home. It took approximately six hours. Soon after driving through Beaver (umm hello best cheese curds I've ever put in my mouth...sorry Wisconsin), we were talking about just having fun in life. Just relaxing even when things don't go right, like in this talk , because life isn't about just getting to the end as fast as possible. Not one hour later, we found ourselves rerouted from I-15 to some back road. Before long, we were going 20 mph.. then 10.. then 5.. and then.. nothing. It took us about an hour to drive two miles, while we watched cars drive down I-15 right next to us. Why we were rerouted when the freeway wasn't closed, we will never know.. but the roads were pretty bad for a few hours there. Luckily, I like Jas and he likes me and we had fun despite the rather frustratingly lengthy drive home.

And now I need to light a fire under my butt again to refocus on school. Can it be summer yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment