Friday, January 27, 2012

cooking.

I think I'm getting better. I made chicken three times this week and it worked like a charm every time. Of course, a little Sweet Baby Ray's never hurt, either, but seriously--I can do this! My roommate thinks the chicken kept burning because of the pan I used on the stovetop, which is comforting that maybejustmaybe it's not just me.

So without further ado, here's my failproof chicken:
1. Brine chicken in salt and sugar.
2. Put chicken in pan. Cover halfway with chicken bouillon, a few teaspoons of olive oil, and any seasoning in the world.
3. Cook at 500 degrees for 20 minutes.
4. Cover for 5 minutes. If you want.
5. E.A.T.

Impressive, yes?!

On another note, Brianna and I made sugarless, oilless cookies last night. Uhh what? Yeah. Fer real. Thank you, Pinterest. The recipe's here but the truth of the matter is, I'd only make them if you (a) have not made or consumed cookies in months and months and have most likely forgotten what they taste like, (b) really enjoy natural food, or (c) want an excuse to eat a few chocolate chips so bad that banana-sweetened cookies sound good to you. Which category do I fall into, you might ask? Definitely a.

Bri and I decided we might make them again (read: I decided I might make them again), but we would never, ever make them to feed to other people. Amen.
Photobucket
But if you decide to give it a shot.. we replaced the oil with applesauce, and used gf flour in place of almond meal ($11 a bag? I think not.), and rolled them in coconut, and sprinkled the top with nutmeg. And i thought they were pretty yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment