Tuesday, July 26, 2011

twenty.

it was my birthday on wednesday. my family's been in town. i've had a truckload of reading to do for class. and i just never feel like blogging anymore. such is life.


my birthday:

wednesday brent decorated the office. it was lovely. except for the 8x11" pictures of me taped on balloons hanging from the ceiling. i probably could have done without that. but, you know. that's life.

wednesday afternoon i spent laying on a blanket in the park reading a book and eating chocolate covered strawberries. it was absolutely perfect. best birthday afternoon.

wednesday also meant class, which was rough. having a summer birthday, i've never spent my birthday at school. the whole time i just kept thinking "it's my birthday, dontcha know?! i shouldn't be here!!" but i was, in the basement with no cell phone service, no internet, and no crackers (gluten. i miss my crackers.).

but after that, malawi's pizza with bri and mom and dad. and then a sleepover with bri. i like sleeping next to my sister in a twin size bed. we fit. she's wonderful. i wish we could have sleepovers every day.

it was the most wonderful birthday, complete with packages from my best friends. on friday we had a steak birthday dinner at my sister's house. family birthday dinners are just marvelous. not sure why. i'm just a big fan.

typically, i don't like birthdays, although i do like gaining a year. i look like a twelve year old, so it's nice when people ask how old i am to not have to follow the number with a -teen. i've been looking forward to that for a long time. twenty years, to be exact. (that's an exaggeration. i have a distinct memory of sitting in the van with my best friend and her mom, discussing my excitement in turning ten. double digits was such a big deal.)

so, i'm twenty. hooray.

1 comment:

  1. come have sleepovers with me in my flannel sheets this winter. :) i'll even feed you milo and donuts. :)

    ReplyDelete