Tuesday, March 22, 2011

i struggled.

every night at ten i go to the gym.
today it was just chelsea and me. we always run around the indoor track. today, we just weren't feeling it. so we went to the real live gym.
and i'll just admit it: i have never been to the byu-idaho gym. i'm more of a run-outside-or-around-the-track-or-if-all-else-fails-maybe-at-the-apartment-complex-treadmills kind of girl.

so first, i get pissed at the guy driving down the wrong side of the parking lot. he was about to take my spot. and i was mad. until chelsea said, "umm amy.. you're driving down the wrong side of the parking lot."
whatever.

we go inside. chelsea punches her i-number in and walks through the turnstile. i pretend i know what i'm doing. i punch my social security number in four times before i realize that's not my i-number. cool. chelsea comes and helps me. after entering my i-number twice, i finally make it through the turnstile.
awkward.

here is a list of the things i know how to use at a gym: 1. treadmills. 2. ellipticals. 3. free weights. 4. stair steppers.
we go to the ellipiticals. but they aren't normal ellipticals. they're combination stair-stepper/elliptical/whoknowswhatelse and it goes right. over. my. head. chelsea suggests at least three times that maybe we should just get on a normal elliptical. i guess maybe that means i was embarrassing her. it took a good ten minutes for me to figure those babies out.

so it was a great trip to the gym. i learned a lot. which is definitely always what i strive for when i go to the gym..
please love me despite the post-workout look that i'm rocking. (i just spelled that word "wrocking." umm... okay?) also love my sparkly black nails. i can't get enough of them.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to let everyone know that Amy rocks the yellow elliptical. I must admit they are slightly confusing/misleading. But, we "wrocked" it.
    Too bad we cant all run 2 miles in the freezing cold Rexburg wind then 8 hours later go do the elliptical for 40 minuets. I guess only those that have true endurance talent can accomplish such tasks. Thanks Amy for being one of the few in this world. WE ALL HATE YOU.

    ReplyDelete