Wednesday, September 28, 2011

my biggest wish

there are a few things i wish for on a regular basis.

the most important of these things is my wish for somebody to offer to give me a ride to work.

this happened on a very regular basis in idaho. and do you know what? i really liked it. this does not happen in utah. probably because (a) parking sucks, (b) i don't have a fiance, and (c) i have no roommates who go to campus.

am i my father's daughter? i am. does it show? probably not. because my father is all "if you're cold, go exercise!" "if you're tired, go exercise!" "if you can't concentrate, go exercise!" and when i moved to king henry (a solid 25 minute walk from the tanner building where i work) he said, "oh that's great! you can get some of your exercise in walking to class!" i am ashamed to admit that i walked to class exactly zero times that entire semester. it's not because i don't think my dad is on to something when he always says "go exercise!" cause i do, and i like my exercise just as much as the next girl. the thing is, though, i really value my sleep very highly, and waking up 20 minutes early is so far from worth it that i couldn't even make it happen once.

and guess what? i wish somebody would offer to drive me to work. first of all because it's a 15 minute walk and sometimes i get bored on my walk, and second of all because sometimes at 7:45 in the morning my legs are tired and all i can think is how much i would love (lovelove) to still be back in bed.

so.

1 comment:

  1. You know what I wish? That you would let me know if you're around Monday or Tuesday at all so we can meet! Ah!

    ReplyDelete