Friday, August 10, 2012

miscellaneous

I am one hundred percent skeptical of any workout that claims to fix anything in "just five minutes a day!" Pinterest is replete with these workouts. I have never pinned one. I will never pin one. ( I just checked my fitness board to make sure I wasn't lying about this. I wasn't. )

Yesterday I made strawberry freezer jam all by myself for the first time in my entire life. This morning I ate some on some toast for breakfast. It was heaven and I was happy. This afternoon I ate some in my Greek yogurt for lunch. It was even better and I can't stop thinking about it.

That being said, I would take chocolate over fruit any time, day or night, regardless of what food it is. Aka, I happen to know Jason has a brownie in a ziploc baggie on top of the stove at home. The chances that I will eat that at some point tonight instead of some strawberry jam are almost certain.

Writing about chances reminded me of statistics, which I took last fall and which Jason is taking this fall, which reminded me of what classes I am taking, which reminded me of the letter my business finance teacher sent out yesterday. It included this phrase: "In order to enhance your [financial] hero potential, we have much do to. We need to start fast and run hard." One simple sentence, and I hate the class already.

Last night Annie and I went to Smart Cookie and ate some cookies. Namely cinammon sugar cookies with a fat layer of frosting on top. Umm delish? Why did I never think to make cinnamon sugar cookies? It's like a snickerdoodle, only a sugar cookie, and with frosting. Hello!!

I like blogging again right now. It's kind of nice.

I am in dire need of a dress to wear to the wedding tomorrow. We have to be there at 7:30 tomorrow morning. Aka, I have about two hours tonight to make a mad dash to the mall and find a dress. I hope it's successful. I'd really like that.

5 comments:

  1. Wish we lived closer! I'd let you borrow a dress my closet anyday. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... "I just checked my fitness board to make sure I wasn't lying about this." I always snicker to myself whenever I see those on pintrest. I wonder how many people follow through with that. None? Maybe 10%?

    Welcome back to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I LOVE THIS BLOG. Okay, 1. I completely agree with you about the Pinterest workouts. I think they are ridiculous. I purposely unfollow my friend's fitness boards. Plus I hate all the pics of the oiled abs. 2. Those cookies sound so yummy. 3. And I hope you found a dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making the strawberry freezer jam! So cool. Keep at it! So rewarding. Great to see you today. Let me know when you are coming to town again next so we can have you and Jason over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a second I thought you meant dress for your wedding and I was like. GIRL. No. Smart Cookie is heaven. No one does sugar cookies the same. The best.

    ReplyDelete